Find yourself barking for a good gift for your four legged friends? For those of us with pets at home, we’ve come up with a few gift ideas from the GreenCupboards.com Creative Cave.
1. Let’s kick off the list with cats, since the gifts we have in store would make any pet Meow! West Paw Design’s Hair Ball might be just the thing for felines with nibbling frenzies. Filled with USDA Certified Organic cat nip, this Hair Ball is just the thing for a cat gnaw and slash sensation. Granted this toy looks like a terrestrial sea urchin, it does the trick for cats that would otherwise prey on helpless couches and linen.
2. Got a habit for playing catch, fetch or bounce with that playful pup of yours? If not, Planet Dog (and the writers in the Creative Cave) think you should work on developing the addiction. Help an animal in need, and play with a world of fun with Orbee-Tuff Cosmos balls from Planet Dog. These buoyant, non-toxic, recyclable balls have a hollowed out treat spot for fetchers deserving of a reward and are specially designed for dogs that like to chew! Here’s the great thing about Planet Dog: They donate at least 2% of each sale to the Planet Dog Foundation, which supplies funds to an array of public works, animal and humanitarian programs.
3. If your dog or cat is looking for a home makeover and you find yourself fretting of such a demand, look no further than the Loyal Luxe cat and dog Teepee. Made from corrugated cardboard, this odor absorbing hideout makes for some sweet canine and feline R&R.
4. Accidents happen, so fight back against doody odor and musky stains with a little help from Biokleen Foaming Stain and Odor Remover for pet-borne carpet accidents.
5. Even dogs need a place to chill out from time to time, so give em’ a break … or a bed from West Paw Design. You thought Ali Baba had it good, ha! Your dog can have it even better with these cushy, plush West Paw Designs Doggy Beds.
6. Ready for a challenge!? Help hone your canine’s synapses with the Dog Twister from Nina Ottosson. Hide treats under puzzle slots where your dog can paw, nuzzle and solve logic games to get to the prize.
7. Cat nap anyone? Treat your drowsy feline to the Zen-packed lay-down-and-scratch pad of the century from West Paw Design. For the sake of your carpet, put this talon-worthy clawing knapsack under your kitty.
8. Seldom do we equate pet to air pollution, but let’s face the smelly facts: some pets carry a serious grunge. Instead of bearing the nose cringe of your guests, backhand animal odor with the help of the Austin Air Pet Machine air filter. Screen out the musk with this filtration station!
9. Alas where would modern pets be without collars … and comfortable ones at that! Planet Dog’s Cozy Hemp Collars are fleece lined for a comfy fit. These perdurable woven hemp collars let you brag about the renewable material your dog flaunts while providing a strong hold for dogs that play hard.
10. What better gift for that energizer pup and yourself than a Zip Lead Retractable Leash from Planet Dog!? Keep hold of that doggy, yet let them run free (to some extent at least). Complete with a reflective strip, the Zip Leash makes walking your dog into a Puttin’ on the Ritz experience.