The floatron is built to last; made in the USA under strict quality controls. No moving parts. Constructed of space-age polymers which are weather, water, sunlight, and chemical resistant. The solar panel incorporates the most efficient photovoltaic cells available. The mineral electrode is alloyed from a special combination of ultra pure elemental metals.
Upon receipt of your floatron, unpack all of the contents, being sure to look inside of the insert for parts. Read all instructions before proceeding. After carefully reading the operating instructions:
- Inspect the solar panel for any visual damage or imperfections which may have occurred during shipping.
- If any discrepancies are noticed, contact your dealer or Floatron customer service.
- Lay the unit face down on a smooth surface.
- With one hand, hold the spring electrode down in a compressed condition to avoid interference.
- Thread either end of the mineral electrode clockwise onto the silver metal screw stud at the center of the unit, which is also at the center of the spring electrode.
- Tighten snugly by hand, about a quarter turn after contact with the black rubber seal at the base.
- Lay endcap / spacer onto end of mineral electrode and inside of spring.
- Place screen cage over electrodes and line up centered holes with the threaded bore in the mineral electrode end.
- Thread the black thumbscrew clockwise into the electrode and tighten finger tight, or snugly. Do not over tighten as the plastic thumbscrew will strip or break if over-torqued.
Every Floatron is backed by a 24 month warranty.