Unit Product Weight: 7 lbs
Features and Benefits
- Captures 99.97% down to .3 microns in size of airborne allergens such as: household dust, pet dander, mold spores and plant pollens
- UV-C light works to kill airborne germs and bacteria
- Reduces common household odors from: pets, cooking and smoking
- Kills airborne mold spores and other allergens
- Energy Star rated product
Model Number: AC4825
Product Weight: 8.82 lbs
Product Dimensions: 9.25in D x 5.5in W x 21.5in H
Input Voltage: 120V 60Hz 55W
- Filter Replacement: FLT4825
- Bulb Replacement: LB4000
Bulb Watts: 5W
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to replace my filter?
Yes. It is recommended that you change the Combination Filter every six to eight months depending on use.
What is CADR?
CADR stands for "Clean Air Delivery Rate" which indicates the volume of filtered air delivered by an air purifier. CADR ratings show the effectiveness of how efficient the air purifier is at capturing fine particles from things like tobacco smoke and plant pollens from the room.
How do I know when I should replace the filter?
It is recommended that you replace the Combination Filter every six months - depending on use - to maintain an optimal level of air purification. When the filter turns from white to dark grey or black it should be replaced with a new one. If the filter is still white it does not need to be replaced.
What is UV-C light?
UV-C is part of the ultra-violet light spectrum that is filtered out by the earth's atmosphere. The "C" stands for the particular frequency of UV light that kills germs.
Why is UV-C light so effective?
UV-C light is highly effective at penetrating thin-walled germs like viruses and bacteria. The light alters the genetic structure of the germ and they die.
If you have allergies, have trouble breathing, suffer from asthma attacks or any other issues related to your lungs, you should look in to the benefits of using a UV-C air sanitizer.
Breathing clean air is very important to healthy living. Up until a short time ago, if you wanted to purify the air in your house you used a traditional forced air system that filtered out airborne germs with a multi-layered system, or a filter made out of carbon.
This method worked fine up to the point where the filter couldn't handle the amount of particles it was expected to remove from the air. Other drawbacks were that they were difficult to maintain and their operating expense was high due to the cost of replacement filters.
UV-C air sanitizers operate in a way that's unlike any other air purification technique. Rather than try to block every single contaminant in the air, UV-C sanitizers simply destroy the microorganism and cause it to be ineffective.
This approach is both simpler to keep up with as well as easier to maintain. Rather than trying to gather and dispose of harmful particles by buying expensive filters, a UV-C air sanitizer uses the sanitizing power of ultraviolet light.
Benefits of UV-C Air Sanitizers:
- Kills Over 99.9% of Airborne Bacteria: Unlike traditional air purifiers which become less effective as their filters get full and over worked, UV air sanitizers kill over 99.9% of the bacteria in the air.
- Odor Fighting: UV-C air sanitizers also help to reduce the odors in the air. Whether it's odors caused by pets, smoking, mildew or mold, ultraviolet light has the air cleaning power to make your house smell clean and fresh.
- Kills Mold: One of the ways UV-C air sanitizers fight mold and mildew smells is by actually stopping them from growing. The UV rays of their special light bulb kills mold spores at a micro organic level.
- Quietness: Traditional air purifiers use forced air induction and utilize noisy fans to create air movement. UV-C air sanitizers operate with only UV light. Amazingly, even small ultraviolet air sanitizers are able to process over 1000 cubic feet of air per hour.
Use this product only as described in this manual.
- Operate this product on 120V AC, 60HZ only.
- Important Safety Instructions: This portable luminaire has a polarized plug (one blade is wider that the other) as a feature to reduce the risk of electric shock. This plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Never use an extension cord unless plug can be fully inserted.
- Do not alter the plug.
- Do not operate this product with a damaged cord or if there is any physical damage to the unit.
Use the AC4825 HEPA Air Purifier to eliminate viruses and bacteria as well as mold spores, allergens and odor causing bacteria.
3 year warranty from date of purchase
To the consumer, Guardian Technologies LLC warrants this product to be free of defects in materials or workmanship commencing upon the date of original purchase. Save your original sales receipt to validate start of warranty period.
If this product should become defective within the warranty period, Guardian Technologies LLC will repair or replace any defective parts free of charge. The complete machine must be delivered pre-paid to any authorized Guardian Technologies LLC warranty service center. Please include complete information on the problem, date of purchase, copy of original sales receipt and your name, address and telephone number. If you are not near a warranty center, call the factory for assistance in the US and Canada at 1.866.603.5900. Use only genuine Guardian Technologies replacement parts.
The warranty does not include unusual wear, damage resulting from accident, or unreasonable use of the product. This warranty does not cover bulbs. This warranty does not cover unauthorized repairs. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights (other rights may vary from state to state in the U.S.A.). Guardian Technologies LLC consider the registration process important to ensuring superior service to their customers, however submitting the warranty card to Guardian Technologies LLC is optional and does not affect your rights to utilize this warranty according to the conditions stated above. If you have any questions or comments about their product call toll free at 1.866.603.5900 or send comments to:
ATTN: Customer Service
Guardian Technologies LLC
7700 St Clair Avenue
Mentor, Ohio 44060