Unit Product Weight: 1 lbs
Features and Benefits
- Kills over 98% of airborne bacteria
- Fights odors from mildew, smoke, pet areas, cooking and more
- Kills airborne mold spores
- A special UV-C bulb is used that does not produce ozone
- UV-C light technology is used in hospitals to sanitize
Model Number: GG1000
Construction: Plastic and aluminum
Working Weight: 1lb.
Air Processing: 456 cubic feet per hour
Bulb: 3.5 watt ultraviolet-c light bulb
Bulb Life: Approximately 4,000 hours
Special Features: Bacteria and Odor Elimination
Noise Level: Quiet
Dimensions: 3.5 in. L x 3.5 in. W x 11.25 in. H
Frequently Asked Questions
How big is the product?
The Pluggable is about eleven-inches tall and weighs approximately one pound.
Is the product expensive to operate?
No. The UV-C bulb uses less energy than a standard light bulb.
How long will the bulb last?
The UV-C bulb will last between 4,000 and 5,000 hours.
Will I need to replace the bulb?
Yes, after 4,000 hours the bulb will lose approximately 15% of its efficiency. To maintain optimum performance it is recommended to change the bulb.
How do I know when I need to change my bulb?
The bulb will flicker or change colors. That is an indication that the bulb is failing and needs to be replaced.
Does the Pluggable emit ozone?
No. The type of UV-C bulb used in the Pluggable is a special one that does not emit ozone out of the product.
How long is the warranty?
The Pluggable has a 3-year limited product warranty. See instruction manual for further warranty information.
Does the product require regular cleaning or maintenance?
The only recommended maintenance is to replace the UV-C bulb.
Where should I use the product?
The Pluggable can be used at home in an office environment, hotel rooms, doctor's office, or anywhere indoors where there is a desire or need to sanitize the air and fights odors. The Pluggable is ideal for small rooms like the bathroom or bedroom. It is also great in pet areas or next to the diaper pail in the baby's room. The Pluggable is not designed for outdoor use.
Is the product safe around children or pets?
Yes. The Pluggable is as safe as any other device that uses 120V of electricity. While all children and pets are advised not to play with the unit there are no additional safety risks. The Pluggable is cool to the touch and safe around children and pets.
If I buy the Pluggable will I get sick?
The purchase of a Pluggable does not prevent illness. Pluggable is designed to kill over 98 percent of airborne bacteria and fights odors.
If you have allergies, have trouble breathing, suffer from asthma attacks or any other issues related to your lungs, you should look in to the benefits of using a UV-C air sanitizer.
Breathing clean air is very important to healthy living. Up until a short time ago, if you wanted to purify the air in your house you used a traditional forced air system that filtered out airborne germs with a multi-layered system, or a filter made out of carbon.
This method worked fine up to the point where the filter couldn't handle the amount of particles it was expected to remove from the air. Other drawbacks were that they were difficult to maintain and their operating expense was high due to the cost of replacement filters.
UV-C air sanitizers operate in a way that's unlike any other air purification technique. Rather than try to block every single contaminant in the air, UV-C sanitizers simply destroy the microorganism and cause it to be ineffective.
This approach is both simpler to keep up with as well as easier to maintain. Rather than trying to gather and dispose of harmful particles by buying expensive filters, a UV-C air sanitizer uses the sanitizing power of ultraviolet light.
Benefits of UV-C Air Sanitizers:
- Kills Over 99.9% of Airborne Bacteria: Unlike traditional air purifiers which become less effective as their filters get full and over worked, UV air sanitizers kill over 99.9% of the bacteria in the air.
- Odor Fighting: UV-C air sanitizers also help to reduce the odors in the air. Whether it's odors caused by pets, smoking, mildew or mold, ultraviolet light has the air cleaning power to make your house smell clean and fresh.
- Kills Mold: One of the ways UV-C air sanitizers fight mold and mildew smells is by actually stopping them from growing. The UV rays of their special light bulb kills mold spores at a micro organic level.
- Quietness: Traditional air purifiers use forced air induction and utilize noisy fans to create air movement. UV-C air sanitizers operate with only UV light. Amazingly, even small ultraviolet air sanitizers are able to process over 1000 cubic feet of air per hour.
- Plug the unit into a 120V AC electrical outlet.
- For best results continuous operation is recommended.
Use this product only as described in this manual.
- Operate this product on 120V AC, 60HZ only.
- Important Safety Instructions: This portable luminaire has a polarized plug (one blade is wider that the other) as a feature to reduce the risk of electric shock. This plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Never use an extension cord unless plug can be fully inserted.
- Do not alter the plug.
- Do not operate this product with a damaged cord or if there is any physical damage to the unit.
Always unplug the unit before servicing.
- Children cannot recognize the hazards associated with the usage of electrical appliances. For this reason, always supervise children when they are near the device.
- Do not carry this unit by the cord or use the cord as a handle.
- Do not handle the unit or plug with wet hands.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not unplug the unit by pulling on the cord. Grasp the plug itself, when unplugging from an outlet.
- Do not put any objects into the openings or block the airflow to the unit.
- Do not operate without cover in place.
- Do not defeat interlock switch.
- Do not operate with an extension cord.
- Opening windows or doors while operating this device may affect performance.
- This device should not be used in the presence of oxygen or any flammable liquid or gases.
Use the GG1000 Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer to continually clean and filter the air in any room.
3 year warranty from date of purchase
To the consumer, Guardian Technologies LLC warrants this product to be free of defects in materials or workmanship commencing upon the date of original purchase. Save your original sales receipt to validate start of warranty period.
If this product should become defective within the warranty period, Guardian Technologies LLC will repair or replace any defective parts free of charge. The complete machine must be delivered pre-paid to any authorized Guardian Technologies LLC warranty service center. Please include complete information on the problem, date of purchase, copy of original sales receipt and your name, address and telephone number. If you are not near a warranty center, call the factory for assistance in the US and Canada at 1.866.603.5900. Use only genuine Guardian Technologies replacement parts.
The warranty does not include unusual wear, damage resulting from accident, or unreasonable use of the product. This warranty does not cover bulbs. This warranty does not cover unauthorized repairs. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights (other rights may vary from state to state in the U.S.A.). Guardian Technologies LLC consider the registration process important to ensuring superior service to their customers, however submitting the warranty card to Guardian Technologies LLC is optional and does not affect your rights to utilize this warranty according to the conditions stated above. If you have any questions or comments about their product call toll free at 1.866.603.5900 or send comments to:
ATTN: Customer Service
Guardian Technologies LLC
7700 St Clair Avenue
Mentor, Ohio 44060