Country of Origin: USA
Features and Benefits
- 5/16" thick and either 68" long by 24" wide or 74" long by 24" wide
- Designed for optimum grip thanks to open cell natural rubber
- Natural rubber gives more resilience and cushion
- Made in the USA with natural rubber, a renewable resource and contains no synthetic plastics
- Jade Yoga plants a tree with every mat sold
About Natural Rubber:
Natural rubber is a sustainable and renewable resource because it is tapped from the tree much like maple syrup. All of Jade Yoga's mats are made from natural rubber freeing your from worrying about how eco-friendly your yoga mat is. In addition to natural rubber, Jade Yoga's mats contain both natural and man-made components but no PVCs, heavy metals or ozone depleting substances. All of the components in the yoga mats are approved by the FDA for use as rubbers that come in constant contact with food. Natural rubber has the added advantage of providing better grip and more cushion than any other synthetic rubbers on the market.
Life Beyond a Landfill:
Once your Jade Yoga mat has served its useful life as a yoga mat that doesn't mean that you need to recycle it just yet. There are plenty of ways that your Jade Yoga mat can still be reused. In case your creativity is limiting the possibilities for extending your yoga mat's life here are some examples to start your creativity off with.
- Use it as a seat liner for the back seat in the car while taking your pet to the vet, groomer or just out for a ride
- Place it under an area rug to prevent the rug from slipping
- Drop it off your old mat at an animal rescue group so it can be used as a liner
- Use it in the garage or shop to keep from slipping on the workbench while using power
- Line kitchen shelves with it to prevent glasses from slipping and scratching or worse
- Use it as "bases" if you need to play a quick game of baseball or kickball
- Use it for kneeling while in the garden
- Use it as kitchen drawer liners
- Cut it up to make a mouse pad
- Use it as a beach towel
- Use it as gripping pads to open those stubborn jars
- Use it as foot pads under your furniture
- Place it under your sleeping bag as a sleeping pad while camping
- Use it to make covers for sharp corners if you have safety in mind
- If you are moving use it to protect your valuables when packing them away
- Make children's toys out of it: cut holes and create masks, hats, costumes and props; cut into shapes and letters for tub and pool toys
- Use it as a litter pad in front of your cat's litter box
- Use it to plug up drafty windows, doors and under window air conditioners to save energy
- Use it as a cushion when sitting on hard surfaces
- Make a great liner under house plants out of it
- Donate it to nursing homes for a no-slip surface to protect the elderly from falling
- Place it between your surfboard and car to protect both from abrasion
- Lay it over the dashboard and steering wheel to keep the sun out
- Keep it in the car for those spur of the moment picnics
- Use it as a liner to keep your groceries in place
Natural rubber is a sustainable and renewable resource because it is tapped from the tree much like maple syrup and all of Jade Yoga's yoga mats are made from natural rubber. This means your yoga may would contain no PVC, heavy metals, ozone depleting substances or other synthetic rubbers that are not recyclable. Natural rubber yoga mats also have the advantage of providing better grip and more cushioning compared to any other synthetic rubber yoga mats.
Made in the USA
Most other yoga mats are made in China so the first thing Jade Yoga did in order to be environmentally friendly was keep production in the USA. These mats are made in compliance with all US environmental and labor laws but how certain can you be that other mats on the market are also made with employees in mind. Further making the mats closer to your home reduces the carbon emissions from transportation.
Trees for the Future
Thanks to Trees for the Future, Jade Yoga is able to plant a tree for every yoga mat sold. Trees for the Future creates programs to improve living conditions for the participants, through carefully managing the natural resources other people exploit. Trees for the Future does not just walk in, plant some trees and call it good either. They focus on incorporating the local community to make environmentally and economically sustainable projects, that way even once they leave progress can still be made.
Greencupboards.com applies the Carbon Neutral Eco-Trait to all products that have their carbon emissions from shipping offset by investing in carbon emission reduction programs. One of the biggest impacts that we have on the environment is through the emission of carbon dioxide (CO2) as we transport goods and people across the country and world. Being a retailer that ships products all across the world, we want to do our part to make sure that we can supply our customers the best eco-friendly products to wherever they are in the most eco-conscious way possible.
In effort to offset the environmental impact of shipping purchases, Greencupboards has partnered with UPS to provide carbon neutral shipping on certain items. Carbon neutral shipping uses a credit system that supports carbon emission reduction projects such as tree farms which "metabolize" carbon dioxide as a natural part of their lifecycle.
The partnership between Greencupboards and UPS has helped fund carbon reduction projects through the Carbon Neutral company, a world leading provider of carbon reduction solutions, such as the La Pradera Landfill Gas Project, the Garcia River Forestry Project, the Fujian Landfill Gas Project and the Cholburi Wastewater Biogas-to-Energy Program. The Carbon Neutral Eco-Trait helps shoppers lessen their carbon footprint and to shop more freely within a particular buying ethos.
All of Jade Yoga's mats are made from natural rubber along with natural and man-made components. All the components in the mat meet FDA standards for products that have continuous contact with food. There is a possibility of trace amounts of latex proteins being in the mat so people with latex allergies are recommended to stay away from Jade Yoga mats.
The best way to ensure your yoga mat never develops an awful stink is to clean it regularly. Since the Jade Yoga mats hold water in like a sponge, all you need to do is simply wipe down your mat with water. Some of us, though are forgetful so what about when you space cleaning your mat for a week or five, would a simply wipe down do the trick? No, you are now the proud owner of a yoga mat in need of deep cleaning but keep in mind the sponge like qualities of Jade Yoga mats so you better be prepared to thoroughly rinse and dry your mat.
To deep clean your mat you can either soak it in a bathtub, take out your garden hose and hose it down or you can use a front loading washing machine (no agitator) on gentle. Don't use oils, solvents or harsh abrasives to clean your mat, instead use a mild soap. Once the washing is done you should hang your yoga mat or lay it out flat to dry. However, do not dry your yoga mat in prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.Taking care of the rubber smell:
If you absolutely cannot wait for the smell of rubber to dissipate naturally, then you can try to accelerate the process. The best way is to air out the mat in a well ventilated area that is not in direct sunlight. If you want you can even add a fan to the mix to provide a more dissipating power.
For most people a week or two is enough to reduce the rubber smell, but for some people it may take a couple months. It is important to keep in mind the time needed can vary depending on the intensity of the rubber smell and your own sensitivity to the smell. As with your car and bike tires though, there will always be some residual smell of rubber.
Jade Yoga's mats are made from natural rubber but there could be trace amounts of latex proteins in the mats so if you have latex allergies it is recommended that you avoid Jade Yoga's mats.
The Fusion Extra Thick Yoga Mat is for those people who need just a bit extra padding in their yoga mat. The 5/16" thick mat is also thick enough to make it perfect for yoga, Pilates and core fitness practice.