Unit Product Weight: 5.2 lbs
Features and Benefits
- Touchstrip for continuous dimming & on/off control
- Optional occupancy sensor
- LEDs have a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- 35 LEDs
- Energy efficient 8.5 watt energy consumption
Why LED is the right choice:
- Long Lifespan: LED bulbs can last for up to 5 times longer than compact fluorescents and over 40 times longer than incandescent.
- Durable: LED bulbs are solid allowing them to withstand jarring and bumping much better than incandescent bulbs.
- Running Temperature: LEDs produce 3.4 btu (British Thermal Unit) per hour, compared to 85 btu per hour for incandescent bulbs which means that LED lights produce 25 times less heat.
- Mercury-Free: LEDs do not use Mercury.
- More Efficient: LED light bulbs use only 2-17 watts of electricity (1/3rd to 1/30th of Incandescent or CFL bulbs). Additionally, small LED flashlight bulbs will extend battery life 10 to 15 times longer than with incandescent bulbs.
- Cost-Effective: Although LEDs are initially expensive, the cost is recouped over time and in battery savings. The LED bulb use was first adopted commercially, where maintenance and replacement costs are expensive. Today, there are many new LED light bulbs for use in the home, and the cost is becoming less of an issue.
- Lower Power Requirement: Because of the low power requirement for LEDs, using solar panels becomes more practical and less expensive than running an electric line or using a generator for lighting in remote or off-grid areas. LED light bulbs are also ideal for use with small portable generators which homeowners use for backup power in emergencies.
Difference between Warm and Cool Lamps:
- Warm: Has a color temperature of around 3500K and would closely match the light color of an incandescent light bulb. Typically, this lighting is preferred at home to create a more comfortable environment.
- Cool: Has a color temperature of around 4500K and would closely match the light color of fluorescent light. Typically, this lighting is preferred in an office tor create an environment to keep people alert.
Smart Home Award: Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry held an exhibit in 2009 called "Smart Home: Green + Wired" which allowed guests to tour a functioning three-story, modular and sustainable "green" home that highlighted unique eco-friendly technologies and products for the 21st century. Koncept's Z-Bar Lamp was used in the exhibit due to how "green" of a product it is.
Adex Award: ADEX stands for Awards for Design Excellence and is the largest and most prestigious awards program for product design of furniture, fixtures and finishes marketed to the design trade. An anonymous panel of professionals representing a cross section of the design industry conducts all voting for the ADEX Awards. Judges are among the ablest in their areas of expertise and judge entries in their respective specialties. Each category has potential for three award levels of platinum, gold or silver and Koncept's Z-Bar Lamp won platinum in its field which is the highest score possible.
Times Award: The Z-Bar Lamp was featured in The Tech Buyer's Guide section of TIME Magazine's "Best Inventions Of The Year" feature in the Nov. 12, 2007 issue.
All of Koncept's lamps are designed to reduce your impact on the environment. How are they able to have such an impact with just their lamps? It's simple, LED lights. Traditional incandescent light bulbs are terribly inefficient as 90% of the energy they consume is converted into heat instead of light and the light that they do produce is emitted in all directions which is also ineffective.
LED lights are superior because they use less energy and most of the energy used is converted into light energy instead of heat. The light is also directed in a 90 degree angle in order to provide ample lighting. This is why when you are trying to figure out the best way to produce office light or home light LED lights are your answer to how to save power.
LED lights also do not burn out like normal light bulbs but gradually lose power over time. Original LED lights lasted for 15,000 to 30,000 hours before reaching 50% output, which is the point when the light is deemed no longer useful. Koncept has significantly improved this technology, as their lights last for 50,000 hours before reaching 70% output.
An efficient answer to how to save power is not the only reason Koncept is green. They are sure to use post consumer products where they can when making these lamps but all the lamps are made from recyclable materials so once it is no longer useful you can put some use back into the materials of the lamp. Koncept even makes sure that the paint used is environmentally friendly by using water based paint instead of solvent based paint that contains harmful chemicals.
Even the packaging used reduces your environmentally impact because all the cardboard used is FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Certified. This means that all the cardboard used to get your new lamp to you comes from sustainably harvested forest and recycled sources. Koncept is not alone in helping you become more green because we at Greencupboards.com have partnered with UPS to offset the carbon emissions from delivering these products to you with a process we like to call Carbon Neutral Shipping.
Carbon neutral shipping uses a credit system that supports carbon emission reduction projects such as tree farms which "metabolize" carbon dioxide as a natural part of their lifecycle. The partnership between GreenCupboards and UPS has helped fund carbon reduction projects through the CarbonNeutral company, a world leading provider of carbon reduction solutions, such as the La Pradera Landfill Gas Project, the Garcia River Forestry Project, the Fujian Landfill Gas Project and the Cholburi Wastewater Biogas-to-Energy Program.
Koncept makes their lamps from the recyclable materials aluminum and plastic that way when your lamp has served its useful life the materials can be reused. Further, the lamps are made from recycled materials when possible and the exact percentage of recycled materials used can be found in the specifications sheet of each lamp.
Use the Z-Bar Slim LED Desk Lamp for ultimate flexibility and adjustability for office light or home light even when space is an issue. The warm light option is more like incandescent light bulbs and is used to create a more comfortable environment, while the cool lighting is closer to florescent lights and creates an environment one can be more alert in.
Koncept provides a 5 year limited warranty that covers manufacture's defects. If you register your product online with Koncept via the link listed in your user manual you will get an extra year on your warranty effectively turning your 5 year warranty into a 6 year warranty.