Unit Product Weight: 1.6 lbs
Country of Origin: USA
Features and Benefits
- Exceptional for traveling - folds to fit in any travel space or purse. Only 68” x 24” x 1/16”
- Weighs less than 2 lbs. for ultra-portability
- Surface texture offers superior grip, even with light perspiration
- Tightly woven scrim resists tearing or stretching; closed cell design will not absorb bacteria
- Made from non-Amazon harvested, natural tree rubber; no PVC, toxic plasticizers or harmful dyes
Dual Layer Technology:
- Grip & Durability (Top Layer): "Orange Peel" surface texture is naturally grippy, closed cell keeps out moisture (sweat) from seeping into the mat and breeding bacteria for better durability.
- Stretch-resistant Scrim: Made from biodegradable cotton and polyester blend; binds top/bottom layer together with heating process, eliminating need for toxic glues.
Green Mission: The eKO SuperLite Mat is made from sustainably harvested tree rubber. Unlike other rubber mats available today, the foaming agents used to create the eKO SuperLite are non-toxic. What this means is that no toxic chemicals have gone into the manufacturing process to soften rubber; and therefore, when the eKO SuperLite mat is disposed of and biodegrades, it will not leave behind a toxic residue. And instead of using synthetic polyester for reinforcement, Manduka has chosen to use a blend of polyester and natural cotton.
Manduka is committed to eco-responsibility, and is mindful of every decision they make in the manufacturing process. Manduka supports fair labor practices and toxic-free emission facilities. Wherever possible, they use natural, recyclable, sustainable and/or biodegradable materials, and constantly search for new green technologies.
Each detail is a conscious decision. Manduka constructs bags from recycled polyester fabrics and zippers from recycled plastic bottles. Their eKO line of yoga mats is produced using biodegradable rubber sustainably harvested from rubber trees with no toxic glues. Designed to last a lifetime, the PRO Series mats minimize impact on the environment and ensure years of superior practice for our community. Manduka's prop collection was developed using materials including sustainable cork, natural unbleached cotton, and recycled wool fibers.
Choosing the mat that is right for you
Mat preference is personal so below is a chart to make finding your mat match easier than ever. Every Manduka mat is a product of thoughtful collaboration with the yoga community, and each serves a unique purpose. Do you like the ultimate in cushioning for your joints and soul? You'll want to connect with Manduka's Black Mat PRO. It's .25" of pure practicing bliss and the choice of yoga teachers worldwide. Do you like to take your yoga on the road? Maybe the eKO SuperLite will be your new travel companion. Whatever it is you need, there's a Manduka mat that's just right.Use & Care
- To Clean: It is recommend using Manduka Mat Restore or a diluted organic cider vinegar wash (50/50) and a damp cloth or sponge. DO NOT put the eKO mat in the washing machine as it will encourage the material to break down (biodegrade).
- To Store: Do not leave the mat exposed to excessive amounts of sunlight. If wet, allow the mat to dry before rolling up.
DO NOT put your mat in the washing machine - it may break the machine and ruin your mat!