Unit Product Weight: 2.5 lbs
Features and Benefits
- 120 brightly colored geometric shapes
- Ten designs on five reversible boards
- Children practice shape recognition, matching and fine motor skills while having fun
- Classic toy that is an integral part of any classroom learning environment
- For ages 3 and up
- Create a linear pattern using the blocks. Ask the child to replicate the pattern. Increase the difficulty by adding more blocks.
- Ask the child to sort the pattern blocks by color. Ask the child to count the number of pieces of each color. Ask the child to name each geometric shape. (green = triangle; yellow = hexagon; red = trapezoid; orange = square; blue = large rhombus/diamond; white = small rhombus/diamond)
- Ask the child to combine two or more blocks to replicate another shape. For example: two triangles make one rhombus. Stacking the blocks on top of each other may help the child better visualize the equivalency.
- Ask the child to find seven different ways to replicate the hexagon: 1) two trapezoids 2) six triangles 3) three rhombuses/diamonds 4) one trapezoid, one triangle, and a rhombus/diamond 5) one trapezoid and three triangles 6) four triangles and one rhombus/diamond 7) two rhombuses/diamonds and two triangles
Melissa & Doug is a company that does not just follow regulation, they surpass it and they take accountablity personal and sign off on every product. The company has a history of successful and honest safety practices, verified by some of the best 3rd party labratories in the world.
- BPA, PVC & Phthalate free
- Natural wood
- Hand-made wooden toys
- Non-toxic paint, no trace of lead or heavy metals
- Reusable materials are used for toys and packaging when possible
- JPMA and CPSIC awarded
- Additionally, they test products above and beyond safety standards to make sure all their products are perfectly safe for kids
Because of their comprehensive testing programs all their products are compliant with the CPSIA regulations. These testing programs have always been in compliance with all US consumer product safety regulations and evolve to meet current needs and regulations.
Choking Hazard: Not for children under 3 years of age.