Unit Product Weight: 2.56 lbs
Features and Benefits
- Hide the treats under the spinning disc and have your dog rotate the disk to find them.
- Improves your dog's ability to solve problems and provides a rewarding experience.
- A terrific outlet for channeling energy and providing the mental stimulation necessary for a healthy well balanced dog.
- The only puzzles currently on the market that meet California's strict health and environmental standards for composite board.
- Wooden games - can be cleaned by wiping the games off with a damp cloth, let them dry, and then sand the surface with a fine sandpaper. You can rub a thin layer of cooking oil on them, to make the surface a little more durable.
Tips and Tricks
- Most of the plastic games can be used as a meat-flavored ice cream for dogs by mixing a little canned meat or sausage pieces with water, fill all the hollows in the game, and freeze until it has solidified. The dog will then have a much appreciated, cold and refreshing activity, perfect for hot summer days, and additional activation. Note: only under strict supervision.
- Plastic games are easy to clean, which is recommended for dogs that drool or are sick, and if you have several dogs that use the games, eg kennels, day care, dog training, veterinarians and others. The wooden games are heavier and ideal to use for dogs that are rough and intense.
- Test how smart or fast your dog is by competing against other dogs. Use 1, 2 or 3 different games simultaneously, depending on how good the dogs are, put a treat in each depth in each game, take time how long it takes for your dog to empty the games. You can also let the dog for 2 minutes try to find all the treats in 1, 2 or 3 games, and when the time is up you count all the pieces that are left.
- Set the game on a chair or stool so that the dog can only work with the nose, which can be much more difficult than working with the paws. This is also excellent if the dog is injured and not able to move around.
- Hide a game in a blanket or towel and let the dog work its way in to the game.
- Tie a string to a game, hide it under a sofa or chair and let the dog try to lift up the game. Very popular among dogs who love the games.
- Use wooden or plastic blocks for a Magic Trick: put three blocks on the floor and put a treat underneath one of them while the dog is looking. Move the blocks around and let the dog show you where the treat is, if he is correct he gets the treat, if not - try again.
- The wooden blocks can be used in several ways in many of the games to increase the difficulty level.
- Dogs that find it difficult to learn how to fetch, may learn easier with the help of Dog Smart wood.
- The games enhance your relationship with your dog.
- It's easier for a young dog to learn commandoes like sit, lie down, wait, fetch etc while playing games together with his owner.
- The games are great to activate older dogs that are still mentally healthy.
- Fun activity indoors when you or your dog is sick or when the weather is bad.
- Dogs that refuse to eat will often eat more when using the games to work for food.
- The games can be used as interactive food bowls - great for dogs that eat too fast.
Quality and environment
Nina Ottosson toys use only the very best materials in the care and safety for your dogs, ranging from packaging to the smallest detail can be submitted for recycling or incineration.
Nina Ottosson choice of materials
Wooden toys are made of Swedish Karlit MDF Board, which is the cleanest and brightest on the market, and is the only one in all markets that are certified, No. 147,301 & 147,302, and approved in accordance with the Swedish and California's tough rules for composite panels applicable environmental and health, which is an important factor because these games will be used by both our dogs and your dogs.
Karlit MDF board is a natural product and is made from wood from Swedish forests. The raw material has not tainted by previous use or involvement of foreign and dangerous substances, which otherwise is very common in other similar MDF boards with darker color. Discarded wood-based products can be disposed of at landfill sites, where wood fractions can be chipped and used as pellets or as fuel. Used discs are an excellent fuel. Carbon dioxide emissions from burning of wood does not affect the greenhouse effect. The ash from Karlit MDF Board, which has not been surface treated or treated otherwise, can be traced to the natural cycle and is thus a renewable nutrient resource.
All wood blocks in Nina Ottosson wooden games are made of hard and dense wood from Swedish beech trees.
In all of the Nina Ottosson plastic toys, only non-toxic and recyclable plastic such as PE and PP plastic is used, and can thus they can be submitted to the environmental stations with recycling of plastics. In most of the plastic parts for the Nina Ottosson wooden games, they use an environmentally friendly plastic, consisting of 40% plastic and 60% wood shavings.
Do not let the dog bite the Dog Spinny. Play with it together with the dog. Do not leave the dog unattended.