Unit Product Weight: 47.4 lbs
Features and Benefits
- Cools or heats up to 250 sq. ft.
- Washable air filter
- 2 fan speeds
- 9,000 BTU cooling power
- 8,500 BTU heating power
- Cooling capacity - 9,000btu / hour
- Heating capacity - 8,500btu / hour
- Air volume (max) - 375m3/h
- Power consumption cooling - 960W / 8.29A
- Power consumption heating - 840W / 7.75A
- Moisture removal - 1 liter / hour
- Window kit material - 3-pc plastic kit
- Thermostat cooling - 64 to 90F
- Thermostat heating - 45 to 77F
- Operating temperature - 41 to 110F
- Control - digital with remote
- Water tank capacity - EER 9.38
- Power supply - 110 to 120 V / 60Hz / 1 Phase
- Max room size - 250 sq.ft.
- Timer - 1 to 12 hours
- Fan speeds - 2
- Compressor - rotary
- Refrigerant - R140a
- Exhaust pipe max length - 59 in.
- Exhaust pipe diameter - 5 in.
- Product dimension (W x D x H) - 12 x 15 x 29.61 in.
- Package dimension (W x D x H) - 22 X 16 X 33 in.
- Net weight - 55.12 lbs.
- Gross weight - 60 lbs.
Do Ionizers help with odor?
No, Ionizers do nothing for odors.
For purpose of removing odor, you need to look for units with Activated Carbon - which is featured in the AC-3000, AC-3000i and AC-1220 models.
Sunpentown is devoted to supplying green options to consumers for their appliance needs. Sunpentown's green appliances are more energy efficient, use safer chemicals or less ozone depleting chemicals than traditional appliances without sacrificing quality.Portable Air Conditioners:
The WA-1061H and WA-9061H Air Conditioners use CFC Free R-410A refrigerant to avoid contributing to ozone depletion. Their High EER Portable Air Conditioners are energy efficient and can be rolled from room to room when only one room needs to be cooled.Dehumidifiers:
Sunpentown's energy efficient dehumidifiers use 10 to 20% less energy than similar size standard units saving you up to $30 per year.Thermo-electronics:
Sunpentown's wine coolers and some of their miniature de-humidifiers use Peltier (thermo-electric) cooling technology greatly reducing energy requirements. These appliances do not have compressors so they use minimal amounts of ozone depleting chemicals.Lamps:
Sunpentown lamps are designed to last longer while using less energy. Their EasyEye desk and floor lamps use 27-watt energy efficient bulbs which are equivalent to an ordinary 150-watt bulb and lasts 5 times longer.
How to make your unit run more efficiently
- Keep the exhaust hose as short and straight as possible.
- Heat is emitted back into the room as hot air travels throught the hose, try insulating the hose.
- If unit is to be operated thoughout the day, turn on the unit early, before the noon heat hits.
- If unit is to be operated at night and outdoor temperature is lower than room temperature, first open windows to allow air exchange. After 15/20 minutes, close windows.
- When unit is turned on, set fan on High to allow air circulation. After 30 minutes, set fan to Low. In low fan, air is allowed to pass through the cooling coils over a longer period of time, thus the air output will be colder than High fan.
- For units with Self-Evaporating Technology, it is always suggested to not use continuous drainage in cooling mode. Allowing the water to collect and recycle helps cool down the cooling coils, which in turn produce colder air output.
1 Year Manufacturer Defect Warranty
Sunpentown International Inc. warrants their products to be defect free in material and workmanship for a period of ONE YEAR from the date of purchase. Defective products may be sent back by the original purchaser or any subsequent owner within the warranty period, with proof of purchase date to Sunpentown Int'l.
Defective products will be repaired or replaced, at manufacturer's discretion, free of charge. All replacement parts or units will be new or reconditioned. Parts or units, which are replaced, become the property of Sunpentown. Warranty after repair or replacement will not be extended beyond the original one-year period.
The warranty does not apply to any unit that has been tampered with, nor to damages incurred through improper use and care, faulty packing or mishandling by any common carrier.
What is NOT COVERED:
- Warranty does not include freight charges.
- Incidental or consequential damage caused by possible defects with this product.
- Damage to product caused by improper power supply voltage, accident, fire, floods or acts of nature.
- Failure of product resulting from unauthorized modifications to the product.
- Improper installation or failure to perform the necessary maintenance.
Repairs not covered by this warranty may be returned to Sunpentown, postage prepaid. All repairs or services will be performed at current cost for parts and labor plus return postage. Please carefully box your package for shipping and it is HIGHLY recommended to return product by insured or by traceable means. Sunpentown is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any packages lost or damaged by any of the carriers.
Manufacturer's sole obligation and your exclusive remedy under this warranty are limited to such repair or replacement. This is a limited warranty and is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including merchantability. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other legal rights varying from state to state.
If you have service or repair questions:
- Do not return the product to the retailer from which it was purchased.
- Contact consumer service (1-800-330-0388) for assistance.
- To ensure the fastest possible resolution to the problem, please have the model number on hand.
- If it is determined that you should return your product for repair or replacement - send the product along with your name, contact info and brief description of the problem to:
SUNPENTOWN INTERNATIONAL INC.
Attn: Service Dept.
14625 Clark Ave.
City of Industry, CA 91745
If the inspection shows that the product is defective, under their Limited Warranty, Sunpentown will attempt to repair or will replace the defective part or product at no cost to you. Comparable substitutions are based on replacement product availability and at the sole discretion of the Manufacturer. If their inspection shows that the product is not defective under our Limited Warranty we will return it to you shipping charges prepaid.
Please note that the inspection process can take 7 to 10 business days from receipt of your product. Replacements and/or repairs normally take 2 to 5 working days, but can tack up to 6 weeks depending on product/part availability.